Add to the Life of the Roof on Your Greenville, SC, Building With a Metal Roof Coating from Elite Roofing Services
If the metal roof on your commercial building in the Greenville, South Carolina, area isn’t providing the level of protection you were hoping for, you may not need to start budgeting for a costly roof replacement project. Instead, consider having a metal roof coating applied by the roofing experts at Elite Roofing Services. We have more than two decades of commercial roofing experience and offer a variety of metal roof coatings that offer an economic roof restoration option.
Also known as cool roof coatings, metal roof coatings can be applied quickly and offer several important benefits, including:
- Extended roof life – Metal roof coating systems can correct weaknesses by making the roof completely waterproof and reducing roof temperatures.
- Energy efficiency – Lower roof temperatures means reduced heat transfer between the roof and the building. This can lessen the workload for your building’s HVAC system, potentially leading to a monthly savings on energy costs.
- Fade resistance – Metal roof coatings will allow your roof to maintain an attractive appearance for many years.
Cool roof coatings are also an ideal choice for warehouses and other structures that don’t have air conditioning, as they can help decrease interior temperatures.
What is a Liquid-Applied Coating?
One of the most respected manufacturers of metal roof coating products is GAF, which offers several liquid-applied roofing options, including the HydroStop® PremiumCoat® Roof System. This advanced cool roof coating can be applied over various roof types, including metal, to provide an extra layer of protection against water intrusion and extend the life of the roof. This system, which is one of the options offered by Elite Roofing Services, is an excellent choice for commercial buildings because it:
- Is highly reflective of the sun’s rays and can help lower building temperatures, which can lead to savings on energy costs
- Is easily applied over the existing roof using minimal tools, eliminating the need for expensive tear-offs
- Is ENERGY STAR® certified (white and cotton colors) and can help you earn valuable energy credits
- Requires little maintenance, only needing an occasional cleaning with a hose or pressure washer
Can Cool Roof Coatings Be Applied to Other Roof Types?
In addition to metal, there are a variety of commercial roofing materials that will last longer and perform better with the addition of a cool roof coating, including:
- Single-ply membrane – This type of roof is constructed from pre-fabricated sheets that are rolled on the roof and attached with metal fasteners or adhesives. Unfortunately, they are vulnerable to water intrusion at their seams and can benefit from a waterproof coating.
- Modified bitumen – These sheets are adhered using heat but also have seams that can lead to leaks.
- Spray polyurethane foam – These roofs are susceptible to mechanical, moisture, and UV damage and need a protective coating to last.
- EPDM – This single-ply roofing is made from a rubber compound and is susceptible to wear and tear if no protective coating is applied.
Contact Elite Roofing Services today if you would like additional information about the metal roof coating systems we offer to commercial customers in the Greenville, SC, area. You may also want to inquire about the various roof maintenance programs we offer.